Tuesday, August 18, 2009

[Titanaircraft] Re: Titan II within 200 air miles of Havana, IL (9I0)

This is great. Two offers. I will certainly come over and take a look. I will need to do it on a Saturday so I can make the round trip in a day.

Ron

--- In Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com, "Randy Sill" <randy@...> wrote:
>
> Ron, I'm just within your range at 195 miles and can arrange a demo in both
> the S and SS at Wabash Indiana (IWH). You can really get the feel for the
> difference between the two when you can fly them back to back. The S model
> is a Porche, the SS would be a BMW 325, and the Challenger a Dune Buggy ;-)
> The II and S are more capable for light aerobatics, but I've found the SS
> too slow in roll rate with the big wing for rolls. I'm building an SS with
> a S wing to see how it improves the roll rate. For our 800' AGL strips, the
> shorter wing I believe will be no issue. The weight difference between the
> two is negligible. Several others in the group have gone this route as well
> and have reported good results.
>
> Randy
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com]
> On Behalf Of Ron Dace
> Sent: Friday, August 14, 2009 8:34 PM
> To: Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Titanaircraft] Titan II within 200 air miles of Havana, IL (9I0)
>
> Is there anyone with a Titan II (any model) within 200 air miles of Havana
> Regional Airport (9I0) that would be willing to let me look over their
> aircraft?
>
> I am considering whether the Titan would be a good fit, literally speaking
> for my size 6'4" 230lbs, and for my intentions, local flying with an
> occasional 200 - 400 mi cross country.
>
> I had a Challenger I clip wing w/ the third door option for a while. It was
> a tight fit but reasonably comfortable once I got in. I fly a Cessna 150
> now; same situation. Flying dual, I have to let the passenger get out first
> so I can swing around and get out.
>
> Both planes are fun but in a different way. The Challenger was like a
> sports car and the Cessna like a buick in the way they handle. I thought
> the Titan might be somewhere in the middle.
>
> I was at Oshkosh and saw the orange SS at the booth and a yellow II or IIS
> flying. That got my interest going again.
>
> Anyhoo, it would be good to hear from someone close by.
>
> Ron
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:Titanaircraft-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:Titanaircraft-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Titanaircraft-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment