Friday, August 28, 2009

[Titanaircraft] Re: auxiliary gas tank

My idea is to construct a tank out of Aeropoxy and urethane foam to
fit the seat area. I planned to make it about 8" high, and it would
make a shelf on which I could put baggage.

I thought I would plumb it into the existing gas line feed and vent
system, with 1/4" inlets and outlets.

Because the tank would be above the bottom of the main gas tank and
below the top of the main tank as well, it could be filled by filling
the main tank and waiting for the fuel to flow into the aux tank.

Then you fill the main tank to the top and off you go.

Using fuel in the tank is automatic, because it flows into the main
tank as fuel is taken out of the main tank.

The down side is that I did a test with water, and I figured that the
aux tank would take about 20 minutes to fill, after the main tank was
topped off.

Aircraft Spruce sells gas fittings that close when they're
disconnected. Very cool.

I haven't built this contraption, so I can't report how well it works
in practice.

Hugh Sontag

>
>
>Thanks for the response Vivian. Sounds like he kept the rear seat in
>place instead of removing it. That would be simpler, but I kind of
>like the idea of removing seat to see if I can then use the top of
>the tank to still store some stuff back there.
>
>Come on gang, only one response to my questions for some photos or
>ideas on auxiliary gas tank?! Please give me some love with a photo
>or two and some thoughts on the process.
>claudia
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:Titanaircraft-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:Titanaircraft-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Titanaircraft-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment