Sunday, August 16, 2009

[Titanaircraft] Re: Titan II within 200 air miles of Havana, IL (9I0)

--- In Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Dace" <runeduce@...> wrote:
>
> Lucien,
>
> Santa Fe is a bit further than I would enjoy flying in my Cessna 150 so I doubt if I will make it there but thanks for the invite.
>
> Both you and Roger talk about weather keeping you out of the sky. I won't fly if the temp is much above 90 or below 10 or the wind is consistently above 20 mph, but I still managed to log over 100 hrs last year. The best times are early morning or in the evening and I really enjoy winter flying.
>
> Ron

Well that's just personal preference and not much to do with the plane in my case. I just dont' like to fly in bad weather and I never have in any plane, even rentals that I didn't own. Some folks don't mind it, but I like to stay a good ways away from the edge as much as possible.

Nice thing about the titan, is you do have a lot of control authority when you need it and you're a lot less of a leaf blowing around in the wind. It's one of the best in the 912 class as far as that goes.

I usually manage about 100 hours a year as well, tho a lot of that tends to be the same hour over and over just flying around the local area. In winter, the convective activity slows way down and then I take trips here and there.

LS


>
> --- In Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com, "lucien stavenhagen" <lstavenhagen@> wrote:
> > We're hangared at KSAF (santa fe, NM), by we I mean me and the other S model. If you get up this way I'd be glad to show you the (prototype) SS.
> >
> > But you're quite right, the S model's are significantly less resale-wise than the few SS's that are for sale.
> >
> > I've gone in and out of considering selling mine lately due to narrow financial scrapes here and there, but I'm back to resolving to keep it. Spring and summer I always think about that with any of my planes anyway because those are such lousy times of the year to fly.
> >
> > But every time I do get a break in the weather and go fly I instantly switch back to no way I'm selling this thing ;).
> >
> > Anyway, the market for the SS isn't very well defined yet because we just don't have a bunch of them for sale.
> >
> > For sure, the going rate for the S model seems to be an excellent deal and Roger's and other's planes look really nice.
> >
> > In fact, if I were to build I'd actually do the S myself since it's a little cheaper, I fit in the S fine and my previous needs for a bigger plane went away shortly after I bought my SS.
> >
> > Because of my altitude I'd also do the 26' wing. This makes life much easier up here.
> >
> > I don't think you can go wrong with the Jab either, they seem to work really well on the titan.
> >
> > LS
> > >
> > > --- In Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com, "lucien stavenhagen" <lstavenhagen@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Hi guys, I own JD's IISS now and of course I flew with him in it for transition training when I bought it. I saw him in both the front and back seats and he seemed to fit right into it.
> > > >
> > > > As for me, I'm 5' 7" and vary between about 180 to 200lbs. The front seat in my SS is very roomy and has plenty of legroom available with the adjustable rudder pedal distance. The back seat, ironically, I find to be a little more comfortable if you can believe it. The SS is definitely the "big-n-tall" pilot's titan.
> > > >
> > > > We have an S here on the field and I got to sit in his front seat not too long ago. I'm a perfect fit in the S, so if I were any taller I might find it to be a little small. Don't know the range of adjustment in the rudder pedals in the S tho.
> > > >
> > > > He is a little faster than I am due to him having the 23' wing and the cabin being a little thinner with less drag. I have the 26' wing tho and can fit a larger prop (I have a powerfin 70" on it now) so I can outclimb him by a bit.
> > > >
> > > > Unfortunately I dont know anything about the challenger. JD is the challenger man as well as the titan man.
> > > >
> > > > LS
> > > >
> > >
> >
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:Titanaircraft-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:Titanaircraft-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Titanaircraft-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment