Monday, August 17, 2009

RE: [Titanaircraft] Titan II within 200 air miles of Havana, IL (9I0)

Ron, I'm just within your range at 195 miles and can arrange a demo in both
the S and SS at Wabash Indiana (IWH). You can really get the feel for the
difference between the two when you can fly them back to back. The S model
is a Porche, the SS would be a BMW 325, and the Challenger a Dune Buggy ;-)
The II and S are more capable for light aerobatics, but I've found the SS
too slow in roll rate with the big wing for rolls. I'm building an SS with
a S wing to see how it improves the roll rate. For our 800' AGL strips, the
shorter wing I believe will be no issue. The weight difference between the
two is negligible. Several others in the group have gone this route as well
and have reported good results.

Randy

-----Original Message-----
From: Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Ron Dace
Sent: Friday, August 14, 2009 8:34 PM
To: Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Titanaircraft] Titan II within 200 air miles of Havana, IL (9I0)

Is there anyone with a Titan II (any model) within 200 air miles of Havana
Regional Airport (9I0) that would be willing to let me look over their
aircraft?

I am considering whether the Titan would be a good fit, literally speaking
for my size 6'4" 230lbs, and for my intentions, local flying with an
occasional 200 - 400 mi cross country.

I had a Challenger I clip wing w/ the third door option for a while. It was
a tight fit but reasonably comfortable once I got in. I fly a Cessna 150
now; same situation. Flying dual, I have to let the passenger get out first
so I can swing around and get out.

Both planes are fun but in a different way. The Challenger was like a
sports car and the Cessna like a buick in the way they handle. I thought
the Titan might be somewhere in the middle.

I was at Oshkosh and saw the orange SS at the booth and a yellow II or IIS
flying. That got my interest going again.

Anyhoo, it would be good to hear from someone close by.

Ron

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:Titanaircraft-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:Titanaircraft-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Titanaircraft-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment