Monday, August 31, 2009

[Titanaircraft] Re: HKS exhaust problems

That is on a plane that is always hangered. I am afraid that the HKS
system will not work on my application due the the placement of the
carbs. The muffler will have to go on top of the engine or under the
gearbox.
--- In Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com, Tim Hansen <togoforth@...> wrote:
>
> HKS would not be able to help you with your problem since it is a
one-off design. From the pictures, it looks like a basket case created
by sitting out in the weather for a long time. Any attempted repairs
would give you a temporary fix, at best. HKS offers at least 4 different
configurations of exhaust sytems, one of which I'm sure you could apply
to your setup. The HKS type II system is what I put on my S-14 which
places the muffler in front of the engine and I think you can buy it, or
any of them, for around $400. Jerry Olnick at Greensky Adventures would
be a good source for assistance.
>
> Tim Hansen
>
> --- On Mon, 8/31/09, titan6rc rtracy@... wrote:
>
>
> From: titan6rc rtracy@...
> Subject: [Titanaircraft] Re: HKS exhaust problems
> To: Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Monday, August 31, 2009, 9:40 AM
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --- In Titanaircraft@ yahoogroups. com, "mstan8648" mstan8648@ ..>
wrote:
> >
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I don't want to offend anyone,but I need help. Due to the small size
of
> > the Earthstar group I figured there had to be some insight on this
> > group. My Thunder Gull HKS exhaust has been a problem since I got
it.
> > About 100 hrs on the exhaust and the cracking wont stop around the x
> > pipe portion. Now the system has rusted through and I can get no
help
> > from the Manufacture. It looks like I will have to build my own
system
> > from scratch. The OD of the tubing is 1 3/4. I need to find a
weldable
> > ball and socket set like on the 914 and start a new system. I do not
> > know where to locate the ball and socket. I would like to go with
> > stainless. Any help with a new system would be great. I posted pics.
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
> You might also check with your local FBO and find out who they
> use to weld and repair exhausts when they need it. That's how I
located a welder to put the pipes on the muffler for my Titan.
> He also repaired an old exhaust system so I'd have a spare.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:Titanaircraft-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:Titanaircraft-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Titanaircraft-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment