Thursday, August 27, 2009

[Titanaircraft] Re: auxiliary gas tank

What I use currently as an auxiliary fuel tank is a standard red plastic 5 gals fuel tank that I put on the back seat. I have installed a Facet fuel pump that transfers between the 5 gals tank and the main tank and it is controlled by a switch on the control panel. On the 5 gal tank side, I have simply cut two holes through the standard cap, one for the pickup tube that descend to the bottom ot the 5 gals tank and the other for a breather tube that goes outside to avoid having any fumes inside.

The advantage of this system is that it avoids having to transfer from the 5 gals tank used to go to the gas station. After placing the 5 gals tank on the back seat, I remove the standard cap and put the modified cap attached to the fuel pump and I am ready to go. Once the fuel gauge indicates that the main tank is 1/2 full, I start the transfer, monitoring with the fuel gauge. With this system, unless I go for a long trip and needs to fill completely both the main tank and the auxiliary fuel tank, I usually do all my fuel transfer in flight.

André


--- In Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com, "hollygreengrass" <claudia@...> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> Kimberly is working with me to add an extra gas tank in the back seat in my tornado 2s. I guess I should not say in the back seat, but rather in place of the back seat. Anyone have an auxiliary tank they don't use and want to sell? Do any of you have pictures of an auxiliary tank that you've installed so I can see some details and ideas? How about where you purchased your tank or is there someone/business out there that already has done a tank for tornado 2s so would have the design/dimensions already in place? Any things you would do/not do if you could do it again.
>
> I'd love any ideas or thoughts from those of you that have already done this. Thanks
> claudia
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:Titanaircraft-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:Titanaircraft-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Titanaircraft-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment