Sunday, August 16, 2009

[Titanaircraft] Re: Titan II within 200 air miles of Havana, IL (9I0)

Roger,

Acording to the published specs, the cabin width (28.5") and the leg-room (43.5) is the same between the S and the SS. The headroom is 2 inches more in the SS. I think leg-room is the most important for me so the layout of the panel and side clutter will probably be the deciding factor. People have mentioned adjustability in the location of the pedals on the SS. Just being able to tilt them back some might help.

Looking at the picture of your cockpit, the Garmin might need to be in a different location. Like I said earlier, I flew a Challenger 1 Clip-wing for a while and although it was a "challenge" getting in, it sat comfortably but my legs were up against the sides. Speaking of the cockpit, there is a difference in the panel between the last two pictures on Barnstormers; the last one shows something removed.

I was wrong on the usefull load, it is within 10 lbs between the S and SS. I am sure the take-off performance of the big wing at higher altitudes may be a little better but here in the flatlands of Illinois we are at 500' MSL and the short wing would work suitably also.

Ron


--- In Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com, "Roger Tracy" <rtracy@...> wrote:
>
> I flew in the SS when JD had it and didn't notice a significant
> difference with the S I have. I think the instrument panel may
> have been positioned a little farther away if I remember. JD
> is about 6-3 and 230 and he test flew mine and seemed to fit ok
> in it. He also used to have an S.
>
> RT
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:Titanaircraft-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:Titanaircraft-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Titanaircraft-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment