Thursday, August 13, 2009

[Titanaircraft] Re: Information on the Earthstar ThunderGull JT2

--- In Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com, "fgayford" <fgayford@...> wrote:
>
> I was wondering if anyone in our Titan group has had any experience with the JT2? It appears to be same as the Titan Tornado 11.
> I have inspected quite a few Titan 11's and had a test flight in one. I liked it very much and my wife fit quite comfortably in the rear seat.
> I have the opportunity to buy a JT2 but have not seen the plane in person. Because the plane is in Florida and I am in Canada seeing the plane is a problem. I would really appreciate all the information you could supply me with. How does it fly? Is the seating room the same as the Titan 11? Do you know of one in Canada?
> Thank you in advance.
> Fred
>

Well just looking over the specs on the website it doesn't look like it's too much like the tornado at all.... I.e. looks like it's considerably slower and lighter.

I think this is the first time I've even heard of it ;). So speaking of that, if you find yourself having a lot of trouble locating information about it, owner/operators, etc., treat that as a trouble sign. Also see about support, does the manufacturer answer the phone/email, do they have parts readily available, etc.
Check for transition training availability, etc.

You probably know the drill on all this, so I'm just sayin'......

Finally, why not just get a titan II? Last I checked, it looked like the resale on the older II's was pretty bad, so you could almost certainly get a well made/maintained copy for a pretty decent price...

LS

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:Titanaircraft-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:Titanaircraft-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Titanaircraft-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment