Tuesday, December 8, 2009

[Titanaircraft] Re: Wasting Away ...

Dave,

I like it! 8~) But I'm easy as I tend to fall in love with almost
every airplane I fly ... except the FlightStar. The ailerons were
pretty heavy although I understand there is a fix for that. The Rans
S-12 is fun but rather laden and likes to "hunt" at higher speeds. The
Challenger is a great airplane and carries a lot of bang for the buck.

I came very close to buying a Titan II with the 80 HP 912. I could
never come to terms with the owner. In fact it is still at the airport
I fly out of.

The guy that bought it was a helper to the guy that built it. The guy
that built it has flown all of the maybe 20-30 hours that are on it.
The man that bought the kit has flown once in the back as a passenger.

It has sat for a number of years now and would need a good bit of
going over for me to consider flying it. The builder does comes out
now and again and crank it but he won't fly it because the carbs are
out of sync. We loaned him the gauges to set them but he hasn't done
anything to it yet.

A real shame is what it is. When the plane was first finished they
flew it a good bit in 2002-2004 but it has mostly sat since then. They
did get it registered as an ELSA with an N number but I don't think
the required 5 hours has even been flown off of it.

Dale
N28YD


--- In Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com, David King <pastordave45@...> wrote:

> In my opinion that Sonex is a nice looking little plane and they are
> pretty fast.

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Titanaircraft-digest@yahoogroups.com
Titanaircraft-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Titanaircraft-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment