Monday, December 14, 2009

RE: [Titanaircraft] Re: SLSA for IFR?

I've just uploaded eight photos of the servos in my "Div" folder.

I'm having problems seeing the photos in the photo section. They say they
are working on the problem, so I don't know if these will show.

Div

_____

From: Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of ls78705
Sent: 14 December 2009 06:01 PM
To: Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Titanaircraft] Re: SLSA for IFR?

--- In Titanaircraft@ <mailto:Titanaircraft%40yahoogroups.com>
yahoogroups.com, "daleandee" <daleandee@...> wrote:
>
>
>
> Beautiful Titan that Ken has. I was trying to remember who it was that
> had an AP in their plane. Didn't Jose have one also? Maybe not, but it
> seems there were a few talking about them not too long ago.
>
> As far as APs in light sport planes go, a pilot named Phil Simon
> landed a Sonex in all 48 states. Took him a few trips to do it. He
> says that having a wing leveler was a true blessing!
>

Well in the conditions I flew in yesterday, I guess if I had to do that for
an hour an AP might come in handy. Can you say altimeter 29.78 and dropping,
14G17 on landing.... ;)

> Light Sport aircraft have really come a long way eh?

In cost, yes, especially if you install an AP..... blech... But serious,
again I stand corrected - I didn't think there was an easy way to hook up
the servos. Even in my SS it's tight in there and I didn't see a convenient
place to put them.

Div, at your convenience could you post some photos of your installation?
I'd be curious to see how you got it in there.

I guess it's my ultralight background that makes me want as simple a plane
as possible. JD did this one exactly right - an ASI, EIS, compass, gas guage
and that's it. Apart from that it's a stick-n-rudder airplane....

The only other piece of gear I'm considering putting in it, like I said is a
transponder and that's generally only for safety reasons. Being in the ATC
system on a trip gives a lot of warm fuzzies.....

LS

> Dale
> N28YD
>
>
>
> --- In Titanaircraft@ <mailto:Titanaircraft%40yahoogroups.com>
yahoogroups.com, guy truex <airbosss@> wrote:
>
> > I don't know if Ken Korenek is still in this group, but he has an
> > autopilot on his S model. The plane won grand champion at Oshkosh
> > one year and the installation was very clean. He flew all over the
> > US on AP. Ken?
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Titanaircraft-digest@yahoogroups.com
Titanaircraft-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Titanaircraft-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment