Sunday, December 13, 2009

Re: [Titanaircraft] Re: SLSA for IFR?

I don't know if Ken Korenek is still in this group, but he has an autopilot on his S model. The plane won grand champion at Oshkosh one year and the installation was very clean. He flew all over the US on AP. Ken?

-- Guy

________________________________
From: pmjohn12000 <pmj1@earthlink.net>
To: Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sun, December 13, 2009 12:57:47 PM
Subject: [Titanaircraft] Re: SLSA for IFR?


--- In Titanaircraft@ yahoogroups. com, "ls78705" <lstavenhagen@ ...> wrote:
>
> > LS
> >
> > Thanks for ths fast reply.
> >
> > I thought the a 2 axis was just alttiude and side to side and did not control any roll that may occur if you encountered any tubulance.
> >
> > Thank you very much for taking the time to explin it.
> >
> > After i get my Sport Pilot ticket I do plan on getting a Titan SS. However, I do plan on doing some cross countries in it. I ill (or my plan is) several a year so I did think aan auto pilot would be good; however, I did not ever consider anything remotely close to an IFER A/C. Would it have to be IFR cabable. I thought it just need a GPS system.
> >
> > Phil
> >
> Heh. Don't even think about trying to put an AP in a titan ;). I don't know how or where you'd install the servos, etc.....
>
> For VFR ops, an AP is next to useless anyway, since the whole point is to fly the plane and enjoy the scenery.....
>
> Like I said, IFR equipment is generally for big heavy planes, long griding trips and rich rich rich folk.... ;)
>
> In fact the only other gadget I'm planning on putting in my plane is a transponder and that's mostly for safety reasons, i.e. getting flight following from ATC, showing up on TCAS on all the jets I have to deal with around here, etc. As well as maybe the occasional flight into the Albuquerque class C.
>
> Otherwise I'm just sticking with the GPS and compass and that's it....
>
> LS
>

LS

Thanks for the reply.

Well I know I will need a transponder and redio for I an getting my Sport License out of a Class C Airport (EFD) and plan to keep flying out of there. Plus I live in the Houston, Texas area and this plan is full of all kinds of air spac as I'm sure you are aware.

As far as the AP is concerned some of the CC I plan are going to be very long i.e. Boston, Utah, Calif, and place like that. I just thought an AP would help on the load when I was alone and checking charts and that kind of thing. Again I am learning and have not finished my license yet and am very new to aviation so my thought process on what I think I may nedd may not be the best. That is one of the GREAT things about this forumn it helps a newbie out so much. I am still getting a Titan SS.

Thanks again for all your info and help.

Phil


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Titanaircraft-digest@yahoogroups.com
Titanaircraft-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Titanaircraft-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment