Monday, December 14, 2009

[Titanaircraft] Re: SLSA for IFR?

--- In Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com, "daleandee" <daleandee@...> wrote:
>
>
>
> Beautiful Titan that Ken has. I was trying to remember who it was that
> had an AP in their plane. Didn't Jose have one also? Maybe not, but it
> seems there were a few talking about them not too long ago.
>
> As far as APs in light sport planes go, a pilot named Phil Simon
> landed a Sonex in all 48 states. Took him a few trips to do it. He
> says that having a wing leveler was a true blessing!
>

Well in the conditions I flew in yesterday, I guess if I had to do that for an hour an AP might come in handy. Can you say altimeter 29.78 and dropping, 14G17 on landing.... ;)

> Light Sport aircraft have really come a long way eh?

In cost, yes, especially if you install an AP..... blech... But serious, again I stand corrected - I didn't think there was an easy way to hook up the servos. Even in my SS it's tight in there and I didn't see a convenient place to put them.

Div, at your convenience could you post some photos of your installation? I'd be curious to see how you got it in there.

I guess it's my ultralight background that makes me want as simple a plane as possible. JD did this one exactly right - an ASI, EIS, compass, gas guage and that's it. Apart from that it's a stick-n-rudder airplane....

The only other piece of gear I'm considering putting in it, like I said is a transponder and that's generally only for safety reasons. Being in the ATC system on a trip gives a lot of warm fuzzies.....

LS


> Dale
> N28YD
>
>
>
> --- In Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com, guy truex <airbosss@> wrote:
>
> > I don't know if Ken Korenek is still in this group, but he has an
> > autopilot on his S model. The plane won grand champion at Oshkosh
> > one year and the installation was very clean. He flew all over the
> > US on AP. Ken?
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Titanaircraft-digest@yahoogroups.com
Titanaircraft-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Titanaircraft-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment