Sunday, December 13, 2009

Re: [Titanaircraft] Re: SLSA for IFR?

An autopilot could be very useful when you're folding charts. It's a
small cabin - and I don't know about you guys, but I only have two hands.

pmjohn12000 wrote:
>
>
>
>
> --- In Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:Titanaircraft%40yahoogroups.com>, "ls78705" <lstavenhagen@...>
> wrote:
> >
> > > LS
> > >
> > > Thanks for ths fast reply.
> > >
> > > I thought the a 2 axis was just alttiude and side to side and did
> not control any roll that may occur if you encountered any tubulance.
> > >
> > > Thank you very much for taking the time to explin it.
> > >
> > > After i get my Sport Pilot ticket I do plan on getting a Titan SS.
> However, I do plan on doing some cross countries in it. I ill (or my
> plan is) several a year so I did think aan auto pilot would be good;
> however, I did not ever consider anything remotely close to an IFER
> A/C. Would it have to be IFR cabable. I thought it just need a GPS system.
> > >
> > > Phil
> > >
> > Heh. Don't even think about trying to put an AP in a titan ;). I
> don't know how or where you'd install the servos, etc.....
> >
> > For VFR ops, an AP is next to useless anyway, since the whole point
> is to fly the plane and enjoy the scenery.....
> >
> > Like I said, IFR equipment is generally for big heavy planes, long
> griding trips and rich rich rich folk.... ;)
> >
> > In fact the only other gadget I'm planning on putting in my plane is
> a transponder and that's mostly for safety reasons, i.e. getting
> flight following from ATC, showing up on TCAS on all the jets I have
> to deal with around here, etc. As well as maybe the occasional flight
> into the Albuquerque class C.
> >
> > Otherwise I'm just sticking with the GPS and compass and that's it....
> >
> > LS
> >
>
> LS
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> Well I know I will need a transponder and redio for I an getting my
> Sport License out of a Class C Airport (EFD) and plan to keep flying
> out of there. Plus I live in the Houston, Texas area and this plan is
> full of all kinds of air spac as I'm sure you are aware.
>
> As far as the AP is concerned some of the CC I plan are going to be
> very long i.e. Boston, Utah, Calif, and place like that. I just
> thought an AP would help on the load when I was alone and checking
> charts and that kind of thing. Again I am learning and have not
> finished my license yet and am very new to aviation so my thought
> process on what I think I may nedd may not be the best. That is one of
> the GREAT things about this forumn it helps a newbie out so much. I am
> still getting a Titan SS.
>
> Thanks again for all your info and help.
>
> Phil
>
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Titanaircraft-digest@yahoogroups.com
Titanaircraft-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Titanaircraft-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment