Wednesday, December 9, 2009

[Titanaircraft] Re: 912S Carb Deicing - 3300

--- In Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com, "Terry Savage" <chaosrider@...> wrote:
>
> I'm no small guy (although smaller than I was then!), and when Kimberly gave
> me my first Titan demo in her 3300, I was ASTOUNDED at how well it climbed
> out. It's what sold me on the Titan.
>
>
>
> Sadly, until I find some new money, a Challenger is what I can afford.
> They're cool too, but they aren't Titans.
>
>
>
> TCS

I think there's a photo in the Panos folder where Kimberly has her S/3300 at full power and full back stick and you can see it at like a 70 degree angle still climbing......

With my powerfin on mine I can't stall mine at full power either - with the stick back to the stop it just keeps climbing at 300/400 fpm or so (that was at about 9500'MSL) and blows oil out of the tank all over the tail.

But I think the Panos S with 3300 still climbs harder than that so that kind of nullifies my bragging.....

Like I said, we had a sonex with 3300 here at our airport for a while. His climb rate was easily more than me and approaching what the RV's do.....

LS
> From: Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com]
> On Behalf Of Kimberly Panos
> Sent: Monday, December 07, 2009 7:25 PM
> To: Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: Re: [Titanaircraft] Re: 912S Carb Deicing - 3300
>
>
>
>
>
> LS,
>
> The 3300 is quite a ride. You just have to get used to not being able to see
> the ground on takeoff without looking behind you. Kind'a like the F-15
> takeoff videos you see all the time. :-)
>
> --Kimberly
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Titanaircraft-digest@yahoogroups.com
Titanaircraft-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Titanaircraft-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment