Wednesday, December 23, 2009

[Titanaircraft] Re: Jabiru 3300 on a Titan 1

--- In Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com, "Kess" <kessb@...> wrote:
>
> Hey gang,
>
> Has anyone put a Jabiru 3300 on a Titan 1?? My hangar mate wants to dump his 503 and put on the big Jabiru. Is that too much engine for the Titan 1, or is too much never an issue. He can't stand flying at my speed, and wants to leave me in the dust. He could do that with the Jabiru 2200, but he wants that 2950fpm climb that I've heard about.
> Wa-da-ya-think??
>
> Kess
>
Kess,
Yah better don't put a 3300 on Titan I. It would be a rocket alright, because somewhere on the way up it would shed the wings. I'm flying a Titan I with a 2200 on it and it certainly leaves nothing to desire in performance. In fact flying it up close to the edge can get scary. I weigh 220 naked--15 gal tank--take off...400 ft.--runway is 3200 ft long and when I pass the end of it, I've been climbing at 90MPH and 1200 ft. altitude. Thats without trying hard. Personally, I have to watch VNE.
sarg

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Titanaircraft-digest@yahoogroups.com
Titanaircraft-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Titanaircraft-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment