Saturday, December 12, 2009

[Titanaircraft] Re: Have a question....

--- In Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com, "cwtf2009" <cwtf2009@...> wrote:
>
> My question is I have a Titan 2 and when there's a passenger with me it feels like we're mushing through the air. I lower the nose and we're fine, I have a friend with the same aircraft he has elevator extensions and does not have th problem I have. Any ideas?
>

Yes, the passenger (at least on my SS) is forward of the CG, so it doesn't sound like a W&B problem.

It's probably just the higher AOA of the main wing required to stay aloft at the higher weight, assuming the same airspeed. This results in more induced drag which can give the mushy feeling.

The only way to reduce the AOA at the extra weight really is to fly faster via more power (i.e. increased throttle). I.e. so the wing generates the required lift at a lower AOA which will in turn reduce the induced drag (I think)....

If you're already tapped out on power tho, this might not be a desireable option.

What engine do you have?

LS

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Titanaircraft-digest@yahoogroups.com
Titanaircraft-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Titanaircraft-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment