Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Re: [Titanaircraft] Buying an Aircraft

Ja ja, what do you boys know about taxes?

I live in Sweden, THE capital of Scandinavia!!! and here, they make me pay taxes for watching the damned TV!!! I'm not kidding. If I don't pay radiotjänst, someone will come up to my home to see if I'm wtching TV. "Sir, I noticed you're watching TV without paying the proper taxes, I'm affraid I'm gonna have to confiscate you television device" Unbelieveble.

Ralph


________________________________
From: Donald Trisler <donaldtrisler@yahoo.com>
To: Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tue, December 8, 2009 12:38:24 AM
Subject: Re: [Titanaircraft] Buying an Aircraft

 
Hey Brain, I misplaced you number. Tax in Coweta County are a millage rate. With the Titan and my Cherokee the Fair Market Value is 59,000.00 and the yearly rape in tax is around 680.80. The Titan is about 200.00 with the valve set at the kit price.
Hope you find a good Titan.
 Don
--- On Thu, 12/3/09, beberle1@bellsouth. net <beberle1@bellsouth. net> wrote:

From: beberle1@bellsouth. net <beberle1@bellsouth. net>
Subject: [Titanaircraft] Buying an Aircraft
To: Titanaircraft@ yahoogroups. com
Date: Thursday, December 3, 2009, 9:33 PM

 

Buying an airplane is a daunting task. The taxes and liens have me a little dazed. I'm considering buying my first aircraft, Please fill in the blanks if I'm missing anything:

-Make sure to do a lien/title search. If there is an existing lien, you're stuck w/ it.
-Sales tax is paid to the state where the aircraft is purchased.
-I live in GA and it appears they have a Use tax to get you in case you purchased the aircraft in a state w/o sales taxes. However, you get a credit towards the Use tax if you've already paid an equal amount of sales taxes?
-Property tax... from what little I could find, it looks like 1.8% annually in Coweta county. Since a plane doesn't depreciate very much, are you stuck w/ the same amount in taxes every year? For a $25k aircraft, that looks like $500/yr in taxes :-/

All insight/advice welcome~!
Brian

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Titanaircraft-digest@yahoogroups.com
Titanaircraft-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Titanaircraft-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment