Monday, December 7, 2009

[Titanaircraft] Re: SLSA for IFR?

Roger,

As you know the Sonex has neutral stability and generally goes where
you point it. I don't find it to be nearly as "hands off" stable as
most of the G.A. trainers.

Could I fly mine IFR with the Garmin 196? If I have my way I'll never
find that out. The wing leveler would make it much more doable if I
didn't have my way though ...

Dale
N28YD

--- In Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com, "Roger" <rtracy@...> wrote:

> I think it would depend on the plane. Dale .. don't you find
> the Sonex to be extremely stable? I sure do. While I couldn't
> legally be IFR in mine unless it was equipped for it and I
> renewed my medical .. I wouldn't have an issue with it. A wing
> leveler would be nice though to reduce the work load. But if I
> got in a pickle and needed to do an approach with it the way
> it is with just the 396 I wouldn't be overly concerned about it.
<SNIP>

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Titanaircraft-digest@yahoogroups.com
Titanaircraft-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Titanaircraft-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment