Wednesday, December 2, 2009

[Titanaircraft] Re: Any Tornado S or SS for sale in US or Canada

If you don't fly off gravel then go with the Kiev Hot Prop. I
fly a S12 and it will 'milk' off the grass in less than three hundred feet and will bust 100mph (which is good for a S12). I can cruise
at 80 - 85 mph and sip 3.5 gph. If you fly off gravel or have alot
of debris then go with the taper tip Warp.
I have actually been considering a Titan and putting my engine
and prop combo on it.

Frankey

--- In Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com, "Kess Blaswich" <kessb@...> wrote:
>
> Hmmmm. . . . . ........, now you have me wondering about trading my Ivo prop for a Powerfin, now that they are back in business. Is the Ivo a ground adjustable, or in flight adjustable? Until my electic drive quit on the Ivo, and I converted it back to ground adjustable, I thought that it was the best thing going, but I found myself not using the coarse setting very much without bogging the R-503 and a 68" 3-blade on a 'C' 3:1 gearbox. Now I have trimmed my prop down to 66" as per Ivo tech rep.
>
> Still wondering about the best prop. Faster is always better!!
>
> Kess
>
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: ls78705
> To: Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2009 3:59 PM
> Subject: [Titanaircraft] Re: Any Tornado S or SS for sale in US or Canada
>
>
>
>
>
> --- In Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com, "Roger" <rtracy@> wrote:
> >
> > Having done my transition familiarization with JD in
> > your plane I can say ... keep it .. it's a rocket ship
> > and it's roomy. And it's nicely built.
> >
> > RT
> >
>
> Oh yeah that's right. I keep forgetting you've flown this one, never mind ;).
>
> It actually is even more of a rocket in the "up" dept. now with the powerfin fitted. It already climbed like nertz with the IVO but it's almost 200fpm better with the powerfin (I'd say 150fpm average better climb over the IVO).
>
> It's a little slower in the forward dept. now, but the good thing about that is you're in the plane longer when going somewhere.....
>
> Gas consumption also dropped to right at 3gph at 85mph indicated at 9500-10000' MSL, so it's a little cheaper to fly as well ;)
>
> LS
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
> Version: 8.5.426 / Virus Database: 270.14.88/2538 - Release Date: 12/01/09 07:59:00
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Titanaircraft-digest@yahoogroups.com
Titanaircraft-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Titanaircraft-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment