Monday, December 7, 2009

RE: [Titanaircraft] Re: 912S Carb Deicing

She's got the 23-1/2' wing to put the zip back in the roll. The 26' I built
just didn't have the barrel roll performance that makes the Tornado fun.

Randy


-----Original Message-----
From: Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of ls78705
Sent: Monday, December 07, 2009 10:46 AM
To: Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Titanaircraft] Re: 912S Carb Deicing

--- In Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com, "Randy Sill" <randy@...> wrote:
>
> I'm within a week from start-up as electrical is just about complete and
> fuel plumbing should be quick. I'm adding wheel pants last minute, but
that
> shouldn't take too long. I can hardly wait to feel the thrust of this new
> (to me) combo!
>
> Randy

Ok thanks Randy. Keep us posted, I've hotlinked this one in my browser. What
wing are you building it with?

Like I said, I love my 912 and big ol honking powerfin but this looks like
it'd still zoom past me and then some..... ;)

LS

>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com]
> On Behalf Of ls78705
> Sent: Monday, December 07, 2009 10:12 AM
> To: Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Titanaircraft] Re: 912S Carb Deicing
>
>
>
> --- In Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com, "Randy Sill" <randy@> wrote:
> >
> > I've never had a carb ice issue with the 912 on a Tornado I believe due
to
> > the Titan exhaust being so close to the carbs. The radiant heat has got
> to
> > be warming the carb body some. I've just installed the Ice Eliminator
on
> a
> > Jabiru 3300 which looks like an excellent way to go and fits the 912
carbs
> > except the left side does not have enough room for it to fit as it's too
> > close to the ignition pack.
> >
> > http://www.indysportaviation.com/Ben/jabiruinstallation6.html
> >
> >
> > Randy
>
> Hi Randy,
>
> So how far along is this SS? I mean, I like to brag about my climb rate
with
> my 912 but this looks like it's just going to be scary in both the up and
> forward departments with that 3300.......
>
> Be sure and shoot some video once it's up and flying.......
>
> LS
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com]
> > On Behalf Of xlnvzf
> > Sent: Monday, December 07, 2009 12:42 AM
> > To: Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com
> > Subject: [Titanaircraft] 912S Carb Deicing
> >
> > Has anyone installed the Carb heater for the 912 bing carbs sold on the
> > ultralight Canada website for about $300? If so can you relate your
> > experiences and recommendations for carb deicing?
> > Roland
> >
> >
> >
> > ------------------------------------
> >
> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Titanaircraft-digest@yahoogroups.com
Titanaircraft-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Titanaircraft-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment