Wednesday, September 16, 2009

[Titanaircraft] Re: Which Prop for a Titan II S with a Jabiru 2200?

Hi tom,
I had the wood sensenich prop and it broke while I was flying (I was one of the customers Kimberly mentioned). It was totally scary, but thanks to luck going my way, everything worked out ok. We put on the warp prop and so far, so good. I like that we can put pitch in and out to help get best performance out of engine. As a novice, the guidance and assistance I've received from motionaero since I'm a novice to this type of stuff has been incredibel and invaluable.

On another note, thanks to the group for the input on the auxiliary gas tank from all of you. I flew my first flight today to test it out and it worked well. I can hardly wait to pass by the airport I normally have to stop at because of the extra gas. Thanks all


> --- In Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com, "Kimberly Panos" <kimberly@> wrote:
> > Tom,
> > Here at Motion Aero, we only sell the Warp Drive 62" taper tip for Jabirus. The 2200 uses the two-blade. We've had two customers that purchased aircraft with wood Sensenich props, and both came apart without warning. Jabirus turn the prop 800 RPM higher than Rotax, which is significant, and something to keep in mind. We worked with Warp Drive to customize the diameter, length and shape of the taper-tip prop to provide the best performance for Jabirus, and they work better than any other prop we've tried.
> >
> > --Kimberly

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:Titanaircraft-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:Titanaircraft-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Titanaircraft-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment