Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Re: [Titanaircraft] Re: Started Flying with the Jab 2200

Kimberly,

Could you expand a little bit on your comment?

If you use direct steering, a wheel pant on the nosewheel shouldn't
have the fin on it?

Thanks,
Hugh

>
>
>Rob,
>
>I hope you are using the spring steering for your nosewheel if you
>have the fin on it.
>
>--Kimberly
>
>----- Original Message -----
>From: jrceacampo
>To: <mailto:Titanaircraft%40yahoogroups.com>Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com
>Sent: Monday, September 14, 2009 2:25 PM
>Subject: [Titanaircraft] Re: Started Flying with the Jab 2200
>
>I do have the streamlined gear installed, (the Deluxe wheel pants
>kit from Titan). Although I did not have the pants on as I started
>testing the plane out of a grass(turf) runway. I'll put them on once
>I polish them a bit more.
>
>The front wheel pant has a fin in the back and I'm not sure this
>could have an effect on my flying. I thought about it for later on...
>
>Thanks, Rob.
>
>--- In
><mailto:Titanaircraft%40yahoogroups.com>Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com,
>Kimberly Panos <kimberly@...> wrote:
>>
>> Rob,
>>
>> Wheelpants are worth different amounts the faster you go. Also, it
>>has been reported that an un-streamlined gear leg can cause as much
>>or more drag than an un-faired tire. If you are running both the
>>streamlined gear leg material and wheelpants, you might see 3-5 MPH
>>starting from 100 MPH without them.
>>
>> --Kimberly
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> ________________________________
>> From: jrceacampo <jrceacampo@...>
>> To: <mailto:Titanaircraft%40yahoogroups.com>Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com
>> Sent: Monday, September 14, 2009 1:19:11 PM
>> Subject: [Titanaircraft] Re: Started Flying with the Jab 2200
>>
>>
>> Since I don't have a VSI is a little more difficult right now that
>>I'm getting use to it. I'll have concentrate on the altimeter next
>>time; I figured that it might be a possibility due to the view from
>>the cockpit. I'm cruising at around 2850.
>>
>> What increase should I expect with the pants on? is it also
>>noticeable adding the nose wheel pant?
>>
>> Thanks both for your input!
>> Rob.
>>
>> --- In Titanaircraft@ yahoogroups. com, Jim Covington <jim@> wrote:
>> >
>> > If you're not climbing, then you're not pitched too high.
>> >
>> > "boots" or pants on the wheels will give you a significant speed boost.
>> >
>> > What's your cruise RPM? That's one way to tell if you have the pitch set
>> > right.
>> >
>> > jrceacampo wrote:
>> > >
>> > >
>> > > Hi All;
>> > >
>> > > I just started flying my Tornado 2 with a Jab 2200 and I had some
>> > > questions based on the first numbers I'm getting:
>> > >
>> > > 1. So far RPM is around 3000 on take off maybe to 3100max. Cruise: I'm
>> > > getting around 100-105 Mph which I believe is a bit less than
>> > > expected. I'm still adjusting to the attitude of the plane so I might
>> > > be flying a bit pitch up. I don't have the boots on the tires
>>yet as well.
>> > >
>> > > 2. All engine readings seems good, but the EGTs (2 rear cylinders) are
>> > > constantly at around 740 degrees C. I saw in the manual 680-720 should
>> > > be normal, is this because I'm breaking in the engine?
>> > >
>> > > 3. I have a Warp drive prop 64" set at 11 degrees, should I adjust it
>> > > to get more cruise? Climb rate seems quite good.
>> > >
>> > > Thanks for your advice,
>> > > Rob.
>> > >
>> > >
>> >
>> >
>> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>> >
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>>
>
>[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:Titanaircraft-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:Titanaircraft-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Titanaircraft-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment