Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Re: [Titanaircraft] Is the II for me?

Hey Brain,
 I see you are thinking about a Titan Tornado II .If you would like to see a SS there is one just 15 miles east of Newnan at Big T community here in Senoia. If anything you can see the advancements in the Tornado SS . So you can compair the different models. Just let me know if you would to see mine and we can work something out.
   Don  
 
 
- On Mon, 9/14/09, beberle1@bellsouth.net <beberle1@bellsouth.net> wrote:


From: beberle1@bellsouth.net <beberle1@bellsouth.net>
Subject: [Titanaircraft] Is the II for me?
To: Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, September 14, 2009, 9:41 PM


 

I've been reading this group's posts for the last 3 hours. Information overload! ;-)
I'm 5'10" and 220lbs, will I fit in the front of a standard Tornado II? Is that referred to the IID? My wife is 5'5"/130 and will be the occassional passenger. Gross weight looks good, jumper seat isn't ideal, but the trips we're looking at are under 11/2 hours.
Why the II, because they're more abundant and cheaper than the S/SS right now. Does anyone tie-down their Tornado? To keep inital costs down, I'm looking at tying down for the 1st 2 years (with engine and canopy covers). This is my 1st potential aircraft purchase. Trying to keep ownership costs reasonable and still enjoy flying (besides hang gliding).
Primary destination would be a 2,600ft grass strip/LZ where I hang glide. From what I've read, that's plenty of room at 1000MSL.
Other contender is the Kolb MKIII Extra. I like the cockpit layout better, but the speed and ruggedness of the Tornado are attractive.
Any Tornado owners in the Newnan, GA (South Atlanta) area? Advice? Comments?

take care,
Brian

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:Titanaircraft-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:Titanaircraft-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Titanaircraft-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment