Monday, January 4, 2010

[Titanaircraft] Re: Static port experience

I had a similar experience when I did mine. I put them on both sides right behind the rear seat down low. I think it was creating a low
pressure area around them so I just disconnected it and vented it
under the instrument panel and it was pretty darn close from what
I could determine.

RT

--- In Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com, John Elling <jelling@...> wrote:
>
> I installed installed a static port in my TT2S per (my understanding
> of) the factory recommendation when I installed a transponder and
> encoder. I used a large bore rivet through the skin just behind the
> vertical steel frame tube behind the pilot's left arm. I also
> connected the static port to the airspeed gauge - previously the
> airspeed gauge's static port was simply open.
>
> With the new configuration I saw a jump in IAS of about 10 mph and I
> think this is unrealistic based on the IAS at stall now (but I have
> not calibrated it). The mode C encoder calibrates fine but this is
> stationary on the ground so I don't know if the static port is
> introducing an error while flying.
>
> Any thoughts on location / calibration would be welcome. I'm
> thinking about simply disconnecting it.
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Titanaircraft-digest@yahoogroups.com
Titanaircraft-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Titanaircraft-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment