Saturday, January 2, 2010

Re: [Titanaircraft] Re: Climbing EGT

Dave,

I'd probably try one size larger main jets for the top end, and drop the jet needles one notch with the E-clips to offset the jet size for the mid-range. I'm also curious about your prop.

--Kimberly

----- Original Message -----
From: Dave
To: Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, January 02, 2010 8:34 AM
Subject: [Titanaircraft] Re: Climbing EGT



Thanks the rpms dont seem to change the last t 1/8" of the throttle
In level flight the rpms seem to max out at about 6300
During climbout the rpms gets to around 6000 but the egt doesnt seen to raise. but then again I dont stat in a char climb for nuck more than a couple on min.
The only other wierd thing is it only seems to be one of the EGTs climbing.
Thanks
Dave (3M7)

--- In Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com, "Kimberly Panos" <kimberly@...> wrote:
>
> Dave,
>
> You need either larger main jets, or a another 1/2-degree more pitch in your prop. If only the temperature increases and the RPM doesn't, and you're already at 6500RPM in level flight, then it's the jet. If the RPM wants to go over 6800 in level flight at full throttle, then I'd add 1/2 to 1 degree pitch to the prop.
>
> --Kimberly
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Dave
> To: Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Friday, January 01, 2010 7:21 PM
> Subject: [Titanaircraft] Climbing EGT
>
>
>
> looking for info on a Climbing EGT
>
> I am flying a Titan Tornado 1 with a Rotax 582
> If I dont keep me engine above 5500RPMs my cabin heats doesnt function well. In order to keep during a flight today I was running at higher RPMs, I noticed that at full throttle and in level flight, one of my EGT kept climbing, I allowed it to climb to 1160, all I have to do is back off of the throttle a little bit and the EGT will drop. What would you guys suggest to look at or is this normal. I dont run at full very often other than during climb out and the EGT stays normal during this time.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dave (3M7)
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Titanaircraft-digest@yahoogroups.com
Titanaircraft-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Titanaircraft-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment