Saturday, January 2, 2010

Re: [Titanaircraft] Re: Wheel Pants

Kimberly,
 
I have another question. I have an IVO in-flight adjust medium prop. I'm not sure how to ask this properly but is there a way to adjust the prop to get more pitch out of it? I know max rpm should be 5500 on the 912s but I easily get 5600, which I do not run so don't worry, so can I add more pitch to the prop somehow?
 
Thank you very much,
 
Bill

--- On Sat, 1/2/10, Bill Day <cwtf2009@yahoo.com> wrote:


From: Bill Day <cwtf2009@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Titanaircraft] Re: Wheel Pants
To: Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 6:01 PM


 


To Kimberly/LS/ Brian,
 
I appreciate your help. I do feel with all your experience combined that I am getting the proper information. I just need to learn that most people are proud of the machine they have not so much the one I have. But I would like to ask how much more speed you get out of having gear leg fairings and wheel pants. Is it worth buying and installing? If so, how much are they installed Kimberly? lol
 
Thanks,
 
Bill

--- On Sat, 1/2/10, ls78705 <lstavenhagen@ hotmail.com> wrote:

From: ls78705 <lstavenhagen@ hotmail.com>
Subject: [Titanaircraft] Re: Wheel Pants
To: Titanaircraft@ yahoogroups. com
Date: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 4:47 PM

 

--- In Titanaircraft@ yahoogroups. com, "titjab" <brianasagi@ ...> wrote:
>
> Not to be a smart ass, but your ASI is probably correct and other's are off, or put the pride fudge factor in. I have had plenty of arguments on this site about over stated airspeeds. I have had a Titan I (23' wing) with a Jab 2200 and also have a Titan S with the 2200 (23-1/2' wing), both airplanes cruised between 105 and 110 mph where others with the same setup were posting numbers of 115 to 125? go figure, I don't even think I could hit 125 at wot.
>

Don't remember exactly, but when I was ferrying 972SS from JD's place, the cruise was around 105 indicated (that was with the IVO prop on it). A couple times I went to 110 and that felt like I was pushing it a bit hard (seems my SS has a little more drag than the other ones probably due to the wider/taller cabin).

So, 110 mph without burning a whole lot of gas is pretty good if you ask me.......

LS

> --- In Titanaircraft@ yahoogroups. com, Bill Day <cwtf2009@> wrote:
> >
> > Kimberly,
> >  
> > Hope you are doing well. I have a question that maybe you can help me with.... I'm lucky if I get an avg of 110 out of a 912s 100hp Titan Tornado II. I do have an IVO In-flight adjust prop... Any suggestions of why I'm not getting the speed that others tell me I should be getting. They tell me I should be cruising at least 120.
> >  
> > Hope you had a great Christmas.
> >  
> > Thank you,
> >  
> > Bill
> >
> > --- On Thu, 12/17/09, Kimberly Panos <kimberly@> wrote:
> >
> >
> > From: Kimberly Panos <kimberly@>
> > Subject: Re: [Titanaircraft] Wheel Pants
> > To: Titanaircraft@ yahoogroups. com
> > Date: Thursday, December 17, 2009, 11:46 PM
> >
> >
> >  
> >
> >
> >
> > Yes -- many sets. They're not too bad. I've got some video of our first installation that I can edit to either e-mail or make it downloadable for you if you are interested. It doesn't have every tiny detailed step, but it gives you a good idea of what you're in for. Just let me know.
> >
> > --Kimberly
> >
> > ----- Original Message -----
> > From: cwtf2009
> > To: Titanaircraft@ yahoogroups. com
> > Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2009 3:55 PM
> > Subject: [Titanaircraft] Wheel Pants
> >
> > Has anyone installed their own wheel pants? if so, how long, how hard?
> > Any feedback is appreciated.
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Titanaircraft-digest@yahoogroups.com
Titanaircraft-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Titanaircraft-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment