Friday, October 30, 2009

Re: [Titanaircraft] Titan characteristics

In addition to the many Titan's I've flown, I have also flown the Challenger. Other than the Challenger has trouble holding heading due to the undersized vertical, their only similarity is that they are both pushers. The Titan on average, is twice the speed of the Challenger and is much more robust airframe to handle heavy loads and rough fields. There are no wing struts to worry about. The Challenger has to what equates to a 'Jesus' bolt that passes through the boom tube to connect the two wing strut anchors together which have recorded more than one failure. If the single nut pulls, the wings fold. I do know that one was due to a shear nut used instead of a tensile nut. The Tornado can carries more weight as well, and there is no fabric to ever replace. However, if you don't mind a 60-70 MPH cruise, and want to touch down at 35MPH instead of 45, then the Challenger fits the bill.

--Kimberly

----- Original Message -----
From: v2twin
To: Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2009 7:07 AM
Subject: [Titanaircraft] Titan characteristics


Hello all. I have been lurking in the group for a couple weeks, and have a question. Due to medical issues, looks like I will be letting my medical lapse and fly SP. Have about 5000 hours in GA aircraft, single and twin, lately a couple hundred hours in the last few years in a Piper Arrow. I have narrowed my short list to Challenger 2, Titan, Excalibur and another Challenger clone I can't recall. Unfortunately, once I make a decision I will probably not be able to see my choice in person. The only aircraft I have seen in the flesh is the Titan.

SO - anybody have any experience in both Challenger and Titan and want to talk about the differences between them? How they 'feel'? I have read the specs, I'm interested in a 'seat-of-the-pants' feel. Or just the Titan by itself? I think I want a Titan 2, as there are sometimes I want a passenger. How comfortable is the back of the Titan1, I see a lot of people put jump seats back there. Is the 503 adequate, or do you need bigger? Anyone nervous about flying with a two-stroke? And last, with the 582, what is the difference between red head, blue head, gray head?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:Titanaircraft-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:Titanaircraft-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Titanaircraft-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment