Wednesday, October 7, 2009

RE: [Titanaircraft] Coolant cooling fan

Kimberly,

I found a site where they state that some models turn at 4 500rpm. and
others less and also IP55, but they don't get back to me. Maybe because I
said I only need two. They are plastic and light weight.

I've got two fans here that I got from a quad bike supplier, but are 120mm
sq. they will withstand water and mud. I can install one in the centre of
the oil cooler. This one weighs 330g, a bit heavy. If I cannot get the
plastic ones, I'll try this one then.

What could the windmilling cause to the fan, seize?

Thanks for your comment.

Div


________________________________________
From: Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Kimberly Panos
Sent: 08 October 2009 03:54 AM
To: Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Titanaircraft] Coolant cooling fan

 
Div,

I think you may run the risk of windmilling fans (especially computer fans)
well beyond their design limits if they are directly in the air stream.
Their typical output is usually only a few miles per hour, depending upon
the diameter.

--Kimberly

----- Original Message -----
From: De Villiers Visser
To: Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 10:35 AM
Subject: [Titanaircraft] Coolant cooling fan

I need to install a cooling fan in front of my oil cooler and radiator

assembly to bring the coolant temp down while waiting in a

long taxi queue in the mid summer.

It need to be IP55 to be able to withstand the rain. The size must

be 92x92mm by 20mm thick. There are lots of PC fans but not IP55.

Does any one use this and know where I can order two units.

Div

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:Titanaircraft-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:Titanaircraft-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Titanaircraft-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment