Tuesday, July 28, 2009

[Titanaircraft] Re: Question about Tornado II for sale

Ken,
I looked at this plane about a year ago. It took me about 15 min. to realise it wasn't the project for me. The fuselage looked very nice as a plane with no time should but when I started to inspect the wing I found a large area of skin where the "D" section is riveted to the spar near the left wing tip that had been peeled back and who knows what had been done underneath. That is the problem I've seen with several planes, especially the ones that were brought in to certification through the ELSA process. Most of them had no maintenance history and no history of repairs. Watch out and good luck.
Don Forse
>
> I am contemplating purchasing a tornado II from an individual out of Raton, NM reg N368KS. Well it is being listed as a new fuselage with a used wing. TTSN for airframe is 1 hr. No engine and still under phase I limitations. Does anybody know anything about this aircraft? I was thinking about purchasing this aircraft and putting a 582 getting it reinspected and getting a new phase I limitations. Is this a good idea or stay way from it?
>
> Ken
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:Titanaircraft-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:Titanaircraft-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Titanaircraft-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment