Monday, July 20, 2009

[Titanaircraft] Re: Jab 2200 oil pressure

Tim, I have seen between 11 and 75 psi on my oil pressure, the lower limit is not uncommon to see when you have high oil temps and you pull the power back. Before I had an oil cooler I always had oil pressure around 11 psi when I pulled the throttle back. With the oil cooler and 180 degree thermostat I very seldom see oil pressures below 20 psi, my oil temp runs between 180 and 200 degrees F. I would not be concerned as long as your oil pressure is above 30psi at cruise rpm. Adjust your low setpoint or get the oil temp down.

--- In Titanaircraft@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Hansen" <togoforth@...> wrote:
>
> The other day after about 1 hour's flight, I was entering the pattern for landing and my oil pressure alarm lit up because it was showing only 33 psi which is the lower limit set into my glass panel computer. I had reduced throttle to about 1800 rpm to slow down when this happened. At normal cruise everything was OK except my oil temp had reached 201 degrees for a little while which is a little higher than I'd ever seen it before. I taxied back to the hangar and did a runup and everything was normal again. No oil leaks anywhere and the oil level was fine. Anything like this happen to anyone else? Bum sender?
>
> Tim Hansen
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:Titanaircraft-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:Titanaircraft-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Titanaircraft-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment